Thursday, October 19, 2006

Boy With Beans

While I was surfing around the Net, I happened to come across the illustrations for a story that I wrote for Jio. Click on recent work and then images 3-6. I love the pictures. I showed them to Jio, who's already heard the story. He complained that there weren't more of them, and then he wanted to know what happened to the scene with the gorilla. "Well, honey," I had to say, "it got cut in the editing process." If you look closely, you can see that the boy is writing his name - "Jio" - in the second image. Pretty cool, huh?

4 Comments:

Blogger Annie Donwerth Chikamatsu said...

Great! Does this mean a picture book is in the making? Annie

5:13 AM  
Blogger Gaijin Mama said...

This story will be in Ladybug. In Feburary, I'm guessing, since it's a mame-maki story.

5:25 AM  
Blogger Annie Donwerth Chikamatsu said...

Congratulations, Suzanne. The pictures are lovely. Looking forward to reading it. Annie

3:41 AM  
Blogger jean said...

I'm looking forward to checking out your links to your stories and doing some reading one of these days.

5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home