Monday, November 20, 2006

Woman, Blossoming

A couple of days ago, I received the happy news that my short story, "Woman, Blossoming," will appear in Cicada. This story, the first one I wrote after becoming a mother, orignally appeared in All Nippon Airway's flight magazine, but I'm willing to bet none of Cicada's readers have come across it yet. It was inspired by a story I read in the newspaper several years ago, about a Japanese woman who was rumored to have finished her husband's paintings after his death. She was a painter in her own right, but I gathered that she sacrificed her own art to take care of her husband. This all happened in the early 1900s in France. I'm not sure when the story will be published, but I'll let you know.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! You story sounds wonderful and I so look forward to reading it, please let us know when it Cicada publishes it!

4:21 AM  
Blogger jean said...

Congrats!!! Maybe over the winter holidays my husband will take the kids up to the in-laws for an extra day and I will have some time to read other friends' and your stories.

5:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home